Saturday, August 24, 2013

Swaps can be great fun

Earlier in the year I signed up for a needle work swap on Flickr in the Phat Quarter group.
It's a great way to get involved and you end up with a wonderful piece of art for your wall. It's fun, if a little nerve wracking, to create something for everyone else.

The theme was Blinded By Science.
My assignment was to create an embroidery for Mooshee. I love their embroidery, especially their plus sized pin ups so I decided to mix that with science.

IMG_8824

IMG_8823
I was happy with how it turned out.

The most exciting thing though was getting this amazingly, gorgeous embroidery in the post from Sarah Hennessey. My photos can't do it justice. The stitching is so precise and beautiful.

IMG_8671

IMG_8667

Sarah's photo of the piece shows some more of the wonderful details.

You can find a similar design along with a whole botanicals series at her Etsy shop Sometimes I swirl.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment