Sunday, August 11, 2013

Newtown Part 3 and BuzzzBar

IMG_9144

While waiting for the NRMA guys to come and get the car started we needed to find some food. We were not far from BuzzzBar so we dropped in there

IMG_9145

It really is a gorgeous cafe

IMG_9148

IMG_9149

IMG_9150

I wish I'd got photos of the art on the walls inside so I could share it. It was really gorgeous and at great prices. I'd have loved to have bought some.

IMG_9151

IMG_9152

By this point though I was struggling with nausea and heart burn as it had been too long since I'd eaten and my meds are not kind to my stomach.

IMG_9153

IMG_9156

Unfortunately their gluten free selection was really poor and the waitress didn't seem to be very helpful. We were told to pick something from the menu and they would tell me if they could make it gluten free but when we chose a couple of things they were not certain about them so we gave up and ordered a flat white and a piece of carrot cake.

IMG_9159

The coffee that we got was a strong macchiato in a tiny cup and really not a flat white (and so I couldn't drink it while my stomach was as bad as it was) and the carrot cake was pretty tasteless. Our friends who didn't have to eat gluten free seemed to enjoy their meal though. It's a beautiful cafe with great atmosphere but, if you have to eat gluten free, there are many other, much better places in Newtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment