Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday Link Spam

IMG_8346

IMG_8289

* Novelist David Mitchell looks back on the heartbreak – and joy – of learning that his son had autism. And an extract from the book 'The Reason I Jump' by Naoki Higashida, translated by David.

* Meet Thelma... and Louise, the Baby Two-headed Texas River Cooter Adorable turtle that seems to be doing well.

* Fibre Art Specimens a look at some gorgeous science based fibre art compiled by Magpie & Whiskeyjack.

* Five must see tutorials for getting started in Machine Embroidery I'd love to be able to get an embroidery machine. I'd like to digitize my own art but I also love the designs you can get at Urban Threads. I don't have the space or the money though so for now I dream.
I'd love to stitch these gorgeous butterflies on the back of a hoodie

* These Photoshop and Illustrator tips on Threadless are really useful

* I wish I could afford a blog/webpage designed by Bakercourt

* The needle felted art by ex-soldier Kiyoshi Mino is amazing.

* This tutorial on making a screen print from an embroidery hoop and water proof glue by Reasonably Gumi has given me loads of ideas I want to try out.

* This Peacock Dragon art by David Revoy is amazing

* A gorgeous crochet Mario Bros blanket

* A Toy Maker Makes A Toy Maker by Doktor A. "It is glorious! Just look at the intricate detail of this robot toy maker making more toys at his trusty workbench with a plethora of spectacles. The tiny details, from the miniature glass dome to the tiny bench clamp are absolutely fantastic." Gorgeously steampunk as usual from Doktor A. I love his stuff.

* Cake Wrecks: Sunday Sweets - Video Games theme Not sure I've played all of these but the cakes are amazing.

IMG_8281

No comments:

Post a Comment